Thursday, February 9, 2012

Busy Month Ahead!

So how come it feels like Fourth of July is right around the corner, and Thanksgiving is just down the block? I feel so pressed for time right now, but was remembering how the months of January through may just D....R....A.....G......G.....E......D by when I was in school. I couldn't wait for the summer, then it was here and I was ready for school to start up again.  (Which probably indicates a complete inability to be content and appreciate the moment.)

Now, I'd settle for an un-busy weekend! But, it doesn't look like that is in my future.

This weekend, we are all about getting hair done, Dish Network installed, and getting the Westside house ready for renters (an answer to prayer, and a story for later).  And my favorite - Inaugural Girl's Night!

 Next weekend - Disney here we come!

I have a work conference from the 20th to the 22nd to go to in Orlando (at the Contemporary) and I am so excited to stay at the original monorail hotel!!!  Mike and I are headed down the weekend before to relax and play at the parks. We'll get our FL Resident Season passes and try to spend more time down there. (I have a feeling I might not be having dinner at the conference - not with a pass and monorail access!)

We'd have done the Play Three Florida resident special, but it isn't good on a holiday weekend. President's Day... while I'm grateful for the holiday and would normally be off work, it seems a little dull. I think there should be great holidays like Queso&Chip Day - where there are no calories and Carb day - where you can eat all of them without "carb-face" the next morning.  (Can you tell there have been no carbs for a few days? I'm, a little obsessive.) Oooh or how about mani-pedi day where there is no guilt because you should be more productive.

I'll be back sometime on Wednesday, then on Sunday, I'm headed to Newark. (Could I write that with any less excitement? Probably not.) It's a great opportunity for work, but really.... Newark?  I'll be back in town sometime on the 2nd of March, assuming I can get out of Newark on time (I'm not sure that's even possible!). And there you have it - the rest of my February....

By the way - I feel like I should admit that I think my Couch to 5K iPhone app is mocking me.. When it says, let's run - it sounds all sarcastic, like "let's see if you can do it, sucker." Then when she says, "whew, that was tough," I think her tone says something different. "That was tough for you maybe, but I think a beached beluga could have done it without the heavy breathing."  Now that I've added emotions to my iPhone app, and not just emotions, but mean girl emotions, I think my work here is done tonight.


1 comment:

  1. i like that your iphone is giving you attitude :) love it!

    ReplyDelete