Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pinterest .... Socially Acceptable Addiction

My name is Christi and I'm a frustrated pinaholic. I love the idea of Pinterest and have pinned my share (or more if you ask Mike) of stuff. However, it has the tendency to make me feel just the slightest bit (or more) inadequate.

I feel like if I was a better person, I'd make my own cleaning products, mod-podge, marshmallows, and cook dinner every night from scratch, while whipping up a wreath for every season/holiday and making my own cards and gifts (specifically body scrubs and bath salts).

But I live in the real world where I have a demanding job. I have to admit:  I'm not a better person and my front door is currently wreath-less, often my dinners are catered by Subway or even better, the Chicken House, and I have a whole bottle of mod-podge (bought at Hobby Lobby, thank you very much) in my craft room (aka my back porch) just waiting for me to get crafty.  (What a run on sentence! Mrs. Proctor would be horrified!)

Speaking of making my own, I totally feel the craft itch right now, and I have a 25% off coupon at Michaels that is calling my name! But in the spirit of being totally transparent - I should go running, I should pre-chop all my fruits and veggies for the upcoming week, and I really should work on organizing my upstairs office..... I'll probably go to Michaels and buy something to put on my front door!

Mike literally just walked by my computer and asked if I were pinning, and said to me that he thinks this is an addiction that women should not have.  Which begs the question, what addition should women have?

Happy Pinning!

8 comments:

  1. Christi I am right there with you sister... have pinned and pinned and would love to acutally make a few things... maybe on ladies night we could make wreaths bc my front door is wreathless too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Instead of girls night.. we could call it Pinterest night!

      Delete
  2. I am currently addicted to watching crazy cooking shows & contests on the Food Network talk about feeling inadequate... especially since you know how much I cook ;) tell Mike if you are focused on pinning your not focused on buying shoes... just sayn'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh.. I don't even go there... I can' handle the guilt and shame of Food Network!

      Delete
  3. This post cracked me up because I am in the same boat. Pinterest is a great way for us to feel inadequate - so why do we keep doing it? I laughed at the Mod Podge because I thought I was the only one who had a unopened bottle just waiting to get used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs. I can refinish my own dining room table! I'm in awe of your skills!

      Delete
  4. I love this post because Adam is on his way home with takeout right now AND I tried to Mod Podge something this afternoon and ended up tossing it in the trash :) So glad you are blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carrie! Maybe we should form a mod-podge therapy group!

    ReplyDelete