Monday, January 16, 2012

This and That

It's been a "blah" sort of few weeks after the holidays. I think this happens every year, but it was especially obvious this year. We had a wonderful Christmas in Missouri with the Mahans, then came home to spend some time with Beth, Terry, and the star of the show, Tristen! We spend NYE at my mom and dad's with the entire Conner side of the fam, and I was off work for two weeks!  Then reality set in: I got sick, went back to work, had an empty house, and had to face un-decorating for Christmas.  It just feels a like a let down. But finally around mid-month, I start to bounce back.

I started the Couch to 5K plan. I've been doing a run/walk thing for a while, but I'd like to run an entire 5K. This plan promises to get me there in nine weeks. I bought the app that goes with it, so that a nice lady can interrupt my play list to say really encouraging things, like: "Whew.. alright let's take a walk break" and "Ready to run?" I generally want to say NO, but I do it anyway.

I've also been cooking more, which hopefully supports my efforts to lose weight and be more healthy. My stuffed peppers turned out really well. The chicken and rice was okay, but the ham needed some work.

I find it hard to cook a lot during the week, when I don't get home until so late, after working a really long day. Otherwise, it's 8:30 or later by the time we eat, which really seems too late, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do.

We had our first weigh in with Weight Watchers, which went really well. Like J-Hud (I like to call Jennifer Hudson J-Hud - it makes me think we could be close) said, "I got this." I've also downloaded her new book and will be reading it this week!

I've also been playing with my new toy!

Mike gave me an iPhone 4S and I LOVE it. I'm never bored, ever. I also have a new cover from Three Hip Chicks, which I love (both the cover and the website!):


You might notice a theme between the cover and the blog. As I mentioned, I may or may not be obsessed with a little black, white, hot pink, and damask. Mike said it wasn't very protective, but I said it was beautiful and monogrammed, which trumps practicality and I promised to be very careful!

I've also been very obsessed with Pinterest! I've managed to make various relatives just as obsessed, and I tend to feel better about my own addictions when I know others are in the same boat.


1 comment:

  1. I love this ... so excited about your C25K ... I need to do this with you :)

    ReplyDelete